5While the global marketplace becomes increasingly volatile, our energy forecasting and modeling services do the exact opposite. We provide you with stability and prepare you for the future through reliable energy predictions. Combining our globally recognized models with over 20 years of expertise in forecasting, our modeling specialists can provide unique insight on long-term energy demand, prices, power mix, GHG mitigation, and energy efficiency, taking into account the latest Geo-strategic developments. We also participate in numerous research programs to determine long-term energy scenarios in the global economy. Our clients include major global energy companies, equipment manufacturers, industries, and governmental bodies.
Energy Modelling & Simulation is the virtual or computerized simulation of a building or complex that focuses on energy consumption, utility bills and life cycle costs of various energy-related items such as air conditioning, lights, and hot water. It is also used to evaluate the payback of green energy solutions like solar panels and photovoltaics, wind turbines and high-efficiency appliances. To understand energy modeling, it’s important to understand building simulation.
Building simulation is the process of using a computer to build a virtual replica of a building. In layman’s terms, the building is built from its component parts on a computer and a simulation is performed by taking that building through the weather conditions of an entire year. In a way, building simulation is a way to quantitatively predict the future and thus has considerable value. Building simulation is commonly divided into two categories: Load Design, and Energy-Analysis. The common phrase for building simulation when energy is involved is Energy-modeling.
Load Design is used to determine:
• Air conditioning loads (the amount of cooling/heating energy needed by space/system/building);
• Volumetric airflow requirements (the amount of air needed to cool/heat a space);
• Equipment capacities (since equipment may condition multiple spaces);
• Supply Temperatures;
• Hydronic Plant capacities (worst case simultaneous load);
• Similarities and differences between equipment options for heating and cooling a space.
Energy-Analysis or Energy-modelling is used to:
• Predict the monthly energy consumption and bills;
• Predict the annual energy cost;
• Annual CO2 emissions;
• Compare and contrast different efficiency options;
• Determine life cycle payback on various options.
GCAS Energy Services is an energy intelligence and consulting company. Our experts will help you to tackle key energy and climate issues and make sound strategic and business decisions. We provide solutions, consulting and training to key energy actors in the Middle East Region.
Contact us today for your Energy Modelling Requirements. Click here