Environmental Product Declarations
EPD is a verified and registered document that communicates transparent & comparable information about the life-cycle environmental impact of a product.
The EPD System is a global programme for environmental declarations based on the ISO 14040/14044, ISO 14025, EN 15804 or ISO 21930 standards.
Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) are Eco-labels that display data of predetermined environmental parameter categories according to the international standard ISO 14025.
EPDs aim at supplying and easily communicating reliable & externally verified environmental information and provide a platform for the fair comparison of the environmental performance of products and services.
EPDs help reduce carbon emissions in the construction sector by allowing users to assess the environmental consequences of various materials and products in order to choose the most environmentally friendly alternative.
GCAS has the tools to support your LCA and EPD work & increase your efficiency within the organization. We have been approved by the International Program Operators as EPD Consultants.
Most architects and designers across the world are now familiar with LCA & are looking for products that have both an LCA and an EPD.
They think EPDs are useful because they provide thorough information on sustainability performance and allow you to evaluate the sustainability of different items.
Contact us here
- There is a rapidly growing demand for quantitative environmental information from companies and their stakeholders.
- Architects, engineers, and designers can select the best environmentally friendly solution for their project.
- EPDs aid in gaining EPD and LCA credits in certification schemes such as LEED, BREEAM, and others.
- Rich experience of industry and product-related environmental matters.
- Experience in LCA methodology, including ISO 14040/14044, environmental labelling and declarations including ISO 14020, ISO 14025, and EN 15804.
- Knowledge of the overall regulatory framework in which the concept of EPDs has been introduced, including relevant laws and regulations for the applicable markets.
Contact us today for help with Environmental Product Declarations.